The Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Program promotes optimal health, self-management and the active participation of patients with cardiovascular disease.
This bilingual program facilitates healthy lifestyle achievements through coaching and education.
Our interprofessional team excels in offering the highest quality of care, enabling clients to achieve their individual goals and improve their quality of life.
Who can benefit from these services?
Any person diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease or who underwent a cardiac event, procedure or surgery.
Please note that a medical referral is mandatory to access this service.
Why participate in a rehabilitation program?
- To regain your former abilities
- To control and recognize the symptoms of cardiovascular and pulmonary disease
- To reduce the frequency and severity of symptoms
- To improve quality of life
- To encourage smoking cessation
- To increase functional capacity
- To improve exercise tolerance in order to limit incapacity and gain greater independence
- To develop an action plan for symptom self-management
- To reduce the number of emergency room visits and hospitalizations
- Functional evaluation
- Nutrition management
- Cholesterol management
- Hypertension management
- Weight management
- Smoking cessation management
- Psychosocial support
We have in-person exercise classes for everyone.
- These classes are of low, moderate or high intensity.
- They are offered many times during the week. You will be participating to one or two classes per week, depending on your needs.
- This program will take place over 8 to 12 weeks.
These classes also include:
- 6 to 8 participants per class;
- supervised exercises classes;
- personalized exercise programs.
Access to a range of healthcare professionals
- Registered nurse (RN)
- Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Kinesiologist (R.Kin)
- Physiotherapist (PT)
- Respiratory Therapist (RT)
We can also refer to other services as needed.
Our interprofessional team can offer you personalized services designed to meet your program goals.
Information sessions available virtually each week
Your health professionals are pleased to share their knowledge about various aspects impacting your health.
This service is also available by videoconference or telephone.
This service requires a medical referral.
You must fill out forms prior to your appointment.
Wing R, Room 1R201
*Please note that only certain services are available by videoconference or telephone.