The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program promotes optimal health, self-management and the active participation of patients with pulmonary disease.
This bilingual program facilitates healthy lifestyle achievements through coaching and education.
Our interprofessional team excels in offering the highest quality of care, enabling clients to achieve their individual goals and improve their quality of life.
Who can benefit from these services?
All persons diagnosed with a pulmonary disease, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, bronchiectasis, pulmonary fibrosis and others.
Please note that a medical referral is mandatory to access this service.
Why participate in a rehabilitation program?
- Understand the anatomy and physiology of pulmonary conditions
- Better recognize and learn to manage the symptoms of pulmonary conditions
- Reduce the number of emergency room visits and hospitalizations
- Develop an action plan for self-management of symptoms
- Increase exercise tolerance to reduce disability and increase independence
- Adopt healthy lifestyle habits and improve quality of life
- Encourage smoking cessation
- Increase functional capacity
- Functional evaluation
- Nutrition management
- Hypertension management
- Weight management
- Smoking cessation management
- Prevention and exacerbation management
- Psychosocial support
We have in-person exercise classes for everyone.
- These classes are of low, moderate or high intensity.
- They are offered many times during the week. You will be participating to one or two classes per week, depending on your needs.
- This program will take place over 8 weeks.
These classes also include:
- a maximum of 6 participants per class;
- supervised exercises classes;
- personalized exercise and education programs.
Access to a range of healthcare professionals
- Respiratory Therapist (RT)
- Registered nurse (RN)
- Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Kinesiologist (R.Kin)
- Physiotherapist (PT)
We can also refer to other services as needed.
Our interprofessional team can offer you personalized services designed to meet your program goals.
- Offered in person, or virtually if needed
Your health professionals are pleased to share their knowledge about various aspects impacting your health.
This service is also available by videoconference or telephone.
This service requires a medical referral.
Wing R, Room 1R201
*Please note that only certain services are available by teleconference or by phone.